Sandra Lee | 2011-02-08 12:05:24
Super Bowl was super great. There is nothing like the Packer fans. I went to school in Wisconsin so of course I was rooting for the team that owned my college heart. The stadium in Dallas was magical with the Packer presence. I have never seen so many men and women shed tears of joy as when the Packers won.
If you are from Wisconsin and the Pack goes to the Super Bowl, YOU GO! It's a bucket list must do and I must thank my brother Rich for going with me. Rich rooted for my team as passionately as I did even though he is a devoted Seahawk's fan.
At the Stadium there was all sorts of fabulous food from brats, a Packer favorite, to footlong hot dogs, Texas chili, and gourmet cheeseburgers. Even the ordinary pizza had pizzazz and it reminded me that February 9th is National Pizza Pie day. Enjoy it by making my "Mushroom, Arugula, and Sausage Pizza" for a fast, fun dinner.
This Friday, I will be on Good Morning America sharing Valentine's Day Dinner ideas and recipes. Valentine's Day is a very special holiday for me. I do not send a lot for Christmas as everyone is already inundated with Holiday gifts, parties, and people but on Valentine's I like to show my love and gratefulness to the people I adore and appreciate. Here is what I am sending:
- For my professional friends and acquaintances, I am sending beautiful oversized gold boxes of Godiva chocolates and Godiva's infused Chocolate and Raspberry Vodkas. They are divinely decadent and delicious.
- For my dearest personal friends, I am sending boxes of Teuscher champagne truffles.
- For all my little girls (3 nieces, Danielle, Stephanie, and Katie, and my 3 Semi-Homemade daughters, Michaela, Cara, and Mariah), I am send nostalgic sweetheart boxes with chocolate, and sugar frosting decorated sugar hearts with heirloom hair pins. "For You" Gift Box; $12.95. "Sweet Nothings" Sugar Boxes; $19.95/set of 4. Embellished Bobbies; assorted set of 8 (1 for each girl) $59.95; victoriantradingco.com.
• For my baby cockatoo, Phoenix, who is still on baby bird formula, but who is quickly becoming food independent with seeds and fruit, I got a decorative bird bucket. Bird Seed Pail & Scoop; $39.95; victoriantradingco.com.
- And for my sweetheart, a love letter as words written on lovely stationary will last a lifetime. There is no money or expensive bauble that can replace its meaning or sentiment.
For more great ideas, pick up the Special Valentine's issue of Semi-Homemade magazine and express to everyone you love how dear they are to you.
I wish you a beautiful Valentine's filled with love.
Cheer to a happy, and healthy home,